Sunday, November 16, 2008

Date Night

Last night, after an extremely long two weeks, Dan and I found a babysitter at the last minute (a miracle in and of itself) and went out on a date.  Oh, how I needed this.  I love my children and I love my life, but it feels so good to get a little break every now and then.  Fancy dinner, adult conversation, no spills to clean up, no screaming children to shush...it is really refreshing and so necessary.  

The kids stayed home with the babysitter.  Aislynn was already down for the night when we left and the boys were settled in to watch a movie.  We went to Mothers Bistro and had a delicious meal and then went to a movie.  We talked about things other than the kids and discussed the underlying themes of the movie all the way home.  When we got home, the house was quiet!  

It can be so hard to get away.  With three kids, it's hard to find a babysitter and expensive too!  But, whenever we do, I feel more connected to Dan and more alive for my kids.  I guess the old saying is true that if we don't take care of ourselves, we can't take care of anyone else.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

A date night! I need to get me one of those!

w said...

Amen! I hear ya!