Sunday, October 19, 2008

Little Sausages

On the ride home from lunch today, Gavin started crying loudly in the backseat.  Knowing that he was all alone in the 3rd row of the van, I knew that it wasn't instigated by his brother.  "What happened Gavin?"  Dan and I both inquired.  "I hurt myself!!!" Gavin replied.  "How did you hurt yourself?"  I asked.  "I bite my finger."  He cried.  "Why did you bite your finger?"  I questioned.  "I didn't know it wasn't food!"  He exclaimed.

I did feel bad for him, but I couldn't help but laugh just a little bit.  Caedon then scolded me.  "Mom!  It's not nice for you to laugh at Gavin when he's crying.  He was just hungry and he forgot that his finger wasn't food.  You're being sneaky to Gavin!"

When we got home and Gavin stuck his finger out for me to inspect, all I could find was what looked like a paper cut on his finger.  When I told him that it looked like a paper cut, he assured me that his tooth was sharper than paper and a sharp tooth made that cut!

No comments: