Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Boy Humor

I knew when I had 2 boys so close in age that eventually I would be subjected to that inevitable boy humor.  You know, the laughter at all bodily functions and telling jokes about stinky stuff.  I had no idea that it started so young!  I assumed I had until the pre-teen years, at least.  Not so.  I am knee deep in "potty talk," passing gas, burping and telling jokes.  The latest joke that Gavin keeps repeating goes like this, "Why did the chicken cross the road?  Because he had to go POOP!"  This is followed by uncontrolled laughter for several minutes.  He even had to call Grandpa Rick to tell him this great joke.  It's going to be a long road to college.  Aislynn and I will have to team up against the stinky talk!  At least I'm not the only female in the house anymore.  Don't even get me started on the name calling.  Who knew that adding a "poopy" to any insult made it 10 times as insulting??  Help!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I can totally feel your pain... but I will say this...... when your daughter is a teenager and she is crying/whining/complaining about every parenting decision you make and how it is ruining her tragic middle school life.......... you you will long for the simplicity of being called a poop head.

Karen Elaine Rogers said...

Braden loves to say "poopy" to add insult or poke fun at anyone anytime. its great, just thrilling for me. we've worked on it and scolded and disciplined him much the last few weeks over this potty talk and now he is coming up with his own words. "cooky isn't a bad word mom". hmmmmm... his favorite when he's really delighted with himself and his eyes light up and he laughs is "it's gonna poop on your HEAD!" apparently poop on the head is the ultimate.