Friday, September 19, 2008

That Sounds Familiar

Today I had to sub in Caedon's preschool class.  As the other teacher was leading circle, she read a story called, The 3 Little Rigs.  Basically, it was the story of the 3 little pigs, but instead of pigs, the characters were little trucks that built their own garages and then the big, mean wrecking ball came to smash them.  After the story, some kids were asking questions about the story.  Caedon looked lost in thought and suddenly blurted out, "That story reminds me of the 3 little pigs!  It seems familiar!"  

As the discussion continued, Caedon asked, "But where is the Mommy and Daddy trucks?"  His teacher replied, "Well, the little trucks went off on their own to build their own houses just like you'll all live on your own when you grow up."  Caedon quickly responded, "No!  I'm going to live with my mommy and daddy forever even when I'm big!"

No comments: