Sunday, June 22, 2008

Magnet

Yesterday we were all sitting in the family room talking when Gavin said to me, "Look, Mommy!  I found something!"  I said, "What did you find, Gavin?"  When I looked closely at the finger he was waving wildly in the air, I saw a great, big, green booger.  "Gross Gav!  Where did you find that?" I said.  Very proudly he exclaimed, "Up inside my nose!!!"

Of course I was not happy with the great find or the expedition that led up to it.  "Please go throw that away in the garbage and wash your hands."  Gavin took off for the kitchen and I forgot all about the green goblin on his finger.  That is, until I walked into the kitchen about 20 minutes later.  There, right smack in the middle of my white dishwasher was a big, thick, green booger.  "Gavin!!!  Come here right now."  Gavin ran into the kitchen, "What mommy?"  "Please get this booger off my dishwasher.  That is not where it belongs!"  "But mommy, it makes a good magnet there."  Gavin said sheepishly.  Who knew that boogies can double as magnets?  I guess I'm just too close-minded.  :)

3 comments:

w said...

That's awesome, Emily! I love to hear you perspective on kids!

Karen Elaine Rogers said...

ha ha ha!!!! great story - love it!

les said...

gross. i just frowed up in my mouf!