Thursday, June 26, 2008

When it rains, it pours...


I'm actually NOT referring to the weather in Portland.  No, it has actually been quite decent these last few days.  Not that we've been able to enjoy it.  Remember how I fell down?  Hard?  Remember how I bought my boys Happy Meals so I wouldn't have to cook dinner on my severely hurt ankle?  That decision came back to bite me.

I whined all evening long after falling down.  I told my husband every detail of the fall and the pain that ensued.  I kept my foot up all evening with ice on it.  When we went to bed, I was so very ready to fall asleep and forget about the pain and the events of the day for awhile.  And I did just that...until 2:00am.  I hear what sounds like coughing and gagging coming from the boys room, followed by Gavin yelling, "Daddy!!  Help Daddy!"  I wake up Dan (who could sleep through the apocalypse if it wasn't for my trusty elbow in the back trick!) and he goes to check things out.  Sure enough, Gavin is vomiting.  I think to myself...Maybe, just maybe, this was just a coincidence...perhaps he was just coughing too hard and gagged himself.  I keep telling myself this when he vomits twice more over the next hour.  I almost have myself convinced that he must just have a bad cough and the phlegm is making him vomit when Caedon wakes up and vomits all over his pillow.  

We were up the rest of the night...changing clothes, washing out bowls, hobbling around the house on my non-functional foot.  By morning, the boys seemed to feel fine and were running around the house playing "Superhero" while Dan and I tried to force our eyes to stay open.  So yes, Portland has finally entered the summer season, but no, the Hawks have not been outside to soak up the sun!  And to all the naysayers out there who like to say things like, "Bad things always happen in threes," Aislynn has a cold!  So there!  We are ready for the good times to roll our way any minute now... 

1 comment:

les said...

maybe you'll get out tomorrow and enjoy some of the HEAT!