Monday, June 30, 2008

Commentary on a Stranger

Today, we were walking behind a lady who was wearing a tight tank top and smoking a cigarette.  Gavin yells out, "Mommy, that lady doesn't have a shirt on.  She forgot her shirt!!"  I tried my best to keep a straight face as I quietly said, "Yes, she does have a shirt on Gavin."  "NO MOM!  A BRA IS NOT A SHIRT!!"  Gavin shrieked.  Just when I thought it couldn't get any more embarrassing, Caedon decided to join in the commentary with this observation, "She's making a bad choice by sucking on that smoking stick!!"  This poor lady had no idea that her life choices would be subject to a couple of toddlers' criticisms when she went out for dinner today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is SO funny!!! I am SO glad it was not my kid who said it!

les said...

i love your boys so much..."smoking stick"

Summer Miller said...

I LOVE this story! This gave Jason and I some good laughs.