Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Laughter with Friends is the Best Medicine

This is an old story, but as I was chatting with a friend this evening, I was reminded of this and couldn't stop laughing.  I thought to myself that this is a story that should be shared with the world wide web!  I hope you find it as funny as I do.  

We were at my good friend, Karen's, birthday party and were playing a game that is similar to Taboo.  It was Aminta's turn to give us all verbal cues while we tried to guess what word she had on her card.  This was all she said: "It goes on your foot or your butt!!!!"  Have you guessed yet?  We all just stared at her.  Then a few people bursted out things like, "Shoe, boot, underwear."  ?????  Am I the only one who doesn't wear shoes on my butt or underwear on my feet?  The answer was thong!  I'm not sure why that is so entertaining to me, but it still makes me laugh.  It is times like these that help us all keep our sanity.  Times when we get to eat, laugh and share fun times with each other.  We walk through all the tough times of life together too and it is so wonderful to have all these ladies to share life with, but man, sometimes there is nothing better than a good laugh!!

2 comments:

w said...

That's awesome! I'm at a "when it rains it pours" time of life...you know, when you compare your life to Job's to get perspective... and I could use a good game night. Whaddya think?

Karen Elaine Rogers said...

Ha ha....yes that was HILARIOUS! i remember laughing ourselves silly. I'm all for a game night Wendy! let's get something planned with some ladies. :)