Thursday, July 24, 2008

Aunt Summer



Last night, Aunt Summer came over to watch the kids so Dan and I could go have some alone time and adult conversation.  Thank goodness for Aunt Summer.  The boys love to play with and around her.  Whenever she comes in the door, they immediately start running circles around the house because they can't contain their excitement.  

Summer is an amazing sister to Dan, sister-in-law to me and auntie to our kiddos.  We have frequently talked about how Summer is the most reliable, trustworthy person we know.  She is a friend to everyone and is almost always smiling a big, happy, contagious grin.  

Dan and I had a fun time at dinner and a movie.  It was a much needed night out without the kids and for that I am thankful.  But, I'm even more thankful for the time my kids got to spend with their Aunt Summer.  I hope that they glean from her all of her goodness, love, compassion and contentment.  We are all blessed to have her in our lives!!

4 comments:

w said...

I run circles around my house at the prospect of hanging out with Summer, too! I hope I get to do it again soon :)

rené said...

amen :)

Summer Miller said...

Thanks for the nice blog. It made me smile. : - )

Kristen Courter said...

Emily,
Aislynn is so big now (and cute, of course)!

Glad that your foot is better, and you are back to work (although that's hard, I know) and it's summer!!

Call me soon, I left you a msg, did you get it?