Monday, July 21, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work.  I have been dreading this day for the last several weeks.  I've always had a hard time going back to work after the kids were born, but I do end up enjoying my job and having some time in the "adult" world in the long run.  Today, as I drove away from the babysitter's house on my way to the school, it felt like my heart was being ripped out!  As much as I complain and talk about needing time away from the kids, it is so hard to walk away when it is actually time to go!  When Dan and I first went away sans kids a couple years ago, we called them about 3 times a day FROM MEXICO!  Our cell phone bill was about triple the normal fee that next month.  

All 3 kids did great today.  The boys ran right in and Gavin immediately started asking Tina for the Buzz Lightyear that he played with on his last day there 4 months ago.  Aislynn flashed her adorable smile and had the whole place "ooooohing" and "aaaaahing."  

I know it will get easier.  I know that I am blessed that I have a great PART-TIME job that I really do love.  Today was just a big hurdle to get over.  Now, as I sit here decompressing after sending Dan to get me some orange and vanilla ice cream (my drug of choice), I am thankful for these fierce little people that bring about so many forceful emotions in me.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

The first day is over and done with... it will only get easier from here. Hang in there. : )

danredwing said...

beautiful post...I'm so glad that you are my wife and that you love our kids so much!