Sunday, July 6, 2008

Working the System...

We have a haircut routine at our house.  The boys were scared of getting their hair cut for awhile so we started bribing them with lollipops.  Then, a new Jamba Juice went in right next to the Haircut store.  So, now we have the following routine: every 6 weeks the boys sit still and get their hair cut and then we walk next door and they get to have a "juice shake."  I always order a regular size drink and have them put it into 2 cups for the boys to share.  

During our last trip, Caedon and Gavin both did really well at the haircut store.  They climbed into their seats and sat tall and straight without complaining throughout the whole thing.  Afterwards, as we walked to Jamba Juice, I was complimenting them on what BIG boys they were and how well they did during their haircuts.  We went inside Jamba and I asked the boys what kind of fruit shake they wanted.  Caedon replied, "I want one with all the different kinds of berries and also some mango.  Oh...and Mom...I think I can handle a big cup now."  Meaning, now that I'm such a BIG boy, I don't want to split a shake with my brother anymore.  

1 comment:

Summer Miller said...

They learn so fast to be sneaky. ;-)